Everest Kalapathar Trek
4 days in Kathmandu, 12 days Trekking, 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu, Total 16 days trip Magnificent view of Himalayas, Sherpa villages and Monasteries, Sagarmatha National Park, Syangboche Airstrip, Kalapathar Summit(5545m.)
The Everest Kalapathar Trek is a good one for viewing magnificent Mountain peaks, temples and monasteries, Syangboche Runway, Sherpa settlements and The Kalapathar peak [5,545m]
We start this trek by flying to Lukla from Kathmandu. As soon as we reach Lukla, we see enduring natural views that soothe our heart all of a sudden. We then move through the legendary Sherpa villages to Sagarmatha National Park. This place is also rich in beautiful design of nature. Also here, a wide species of wild lives birds and plants are preserved. This allows you a chance of viewing them which you might never get to see again. After here, we follow the magical trail to Namche Bazaar, Khumjung, Pangboche, Lobuche, to the Everest Base Camp and finally to Kalapathar. While going through the meadows from Tyangboche to Pangboche, we get to see herds of Yaks grazing there.
After having views of the temples and monasteries, we set out for Pheriche through the Lobuche Khola. Then we cross the moraines in Changri Shar Glacier. After that we reach the sandy part of Gorakshep. From this plain area here, we start to climb up an elevation that takes us to the peak of Kalapathar at an altitude of 5,545m which is the highest access of this trekking route. This altitude provides the best view of the Everest Region and Khumbu Glacier too.
The Everest Kalapathar Trek is a tea-house/Camping trekking trail. This route is categorized under moderate range of trekking. If you are physically fit, you can join the trek during any month of the year and follow the heavenly trail to soothe your crave of watching high Himalayas Ranges.
Everest Kalapathar Trekking Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu airport [1,338m/4,389ft] then transfer to hotel and Overnight
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing. Back to hotel and stay overnight
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla [2,848 m/9,344 ft] takes 4 hours then Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar [3420m/11,286ft] stay in lodge or camp
Day 05: A free day at Namche for acclimatization.
Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Phortse [Sherpa Village] about 5/6 hours then stay in lodge or camp.
Day 07: Trek from Phortse to Dingboche [4,638 m/15,217 ft]. 6 hours then Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 08: After breakfast optional walk to Chhukung [4,842 m/15,886 ft] and Island Peak base camp with pack lunch for the day and back to Dingboche. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 09: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche [5,951 m/19,524 ft]. 5 hours then Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 10: Lobuche trek to Kalapathar [5,382 m/17,657 ft] about 5/6 hours then overnight at camp or lodge. Early start trek to Gorakshep [5,164m/16,942 ft] & climb Kalapathar [5545m] over looking view Everest Base Camp [4,363m/17,595ft] and back to Lobuche. Camp overnight
Day 11: Trek from Lobuche to Tyangboche [3,867 m/12,700 ft] it takes about 5 hours then Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 12: Trek from Tyangboche to Manjo Camp [2,946 m/9,665 ft] or teahouse overnight
Day 13: Trek from Manjo to Lukla about 4 hour then Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 14: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu then stay overnight at hotel
Day 15: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and back to hotel to stay overnight
Day 16: Final departure
Trip PriceStarts from: US $ 1260.00 Why trip price is different? Following are the determinants for the price Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights) Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s)) Travelling time(Season) Extra services Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget. You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- Pick & Drop to Airport/Hotel by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- Accomodation in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking tour guide by car/van
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guest houses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides(Government Licensed holder) and Porters with good English during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- First Aid medical kit
- Everest(Sagarmatha) National Park permit fees
- Guide airfare Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance for Nepali staff during trekking period
- TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) Card
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- All administrative works (If necessary) related to government body
- Government Taxes, legal expenses
- Meals in Kathmandu
- International flights
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Flights to Lukla & Lukla to Kathmandu
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Extra Tea and Coffee.
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have to pay them directly)
- Tips to trekking staffs ( Amount depends upon you)