Panch Pokhari Trek
4 days in Kathmandu, 12 days in Trekking
Kathmandu - Chautara Bazar - Syaule - Nasimpati - Panch Pokhari Lake - Tipeni - Melamchi Trekking
Panch Pokhari trek to the north east of Kathmandu is famous holy places visiting walking advneture to the base of Jugal Himal in Langtang range.
Panch Pokhari means the group of five holy ponds/lakes. This is just northeast of Kathmandu toward snow wall. Pach pokhari is situated to the north east of Kathmandu valley and west of Rolwaling Himal. It is pilgrimage place for Hindus and it has five holy ponds at the height of 4100 m. The area offers cultural tamag heritage, unsurpassed beauty and biological diversity. The beautiful Himalayan range and pristine nature with different culture are major highlight of this trek.
Pancha Pokhari is holy sacred lake for Buddhist and Hindu. Trekkers first travel by bus to Chautara, five hours northeast of Kathmandu towards the Tibetan border. This trek passes through a mixture of beautiful mountain scenery and the terraced fields and characteristic houses of rural villages from different ethnic groups.
Panch Pokhari trek starts from Chautara(1,200 m) and goes up to Panch Pokhari(4,100m). This is a very spectacular and spiritual trek. The top of Panch Pokhari (4100m) offers an excellent view of Jugal Himal Range, Rolwaling Range, Gosainkund, Kanchenjunga and Makalu. This trek can be done all year round except for the monsoon.
Panch Pokhari Trekking Itinerary:
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel, overnight at hotel
Day 02 : Kathmandu Valley sightseeing. Visit Kathmandu durbar square, Pasthupatinath temple. Swyambhunath temple and other historical/ UNESCO heritage sites. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Drive from Kathmandu (1350m.) to Chautara (1200m) about 5 hours.
Day 04 : Trek from Chautara to Phusre (2045m.).Overnight at camp
Day 05 : Trek from Phurse to Kami kharka (2845m.). Overnight at camp
Day 06 : Trek from Kami Kharka to Pauwa Bas (3000m). Overnight at camp
Day 07 : Trek from Pauwa Bas to Hille Bhanjyang (3400m). Overnight at camp
Day 08 : Trek from Hille Bhanjyang to Nasim Pati(3700m.). Overnight at camp
Day 09 : Trek from Nasim Pati to Panch pokhari (five lakes) (4100m). Overnight at camp
Day 10 : Trek around Panch Pokhari and return to Nasimpati (3700m.). Overnight at camp
Day 11 : Trek from Nasimpati to Dukang (2100m.) Overnight at camp
Day 12 : Trek from Dukang to Dhap (1200 m). Overnight at camp
Day 13 : Trek from Dhap to Melamchipul (800m). Overnight at camp or tea house.
Day 14 : Drive from Melamchipul Bazaar to Kathmandu, takes 4 hours. Overnight at hotel
Day 15 : Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with nepali dinner, overnight at hotel
Day 16 : Final departure to your destination, transfer to airport
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
Included in the price
- Pick & Drop to Airport/Hotel by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- 2 nights accomodation with breakfast at hotel in kathmandu
- 2Nights Hotel in Pokhara
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with car/van/bus
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners) at the time of Trekking with tea and Coffee
- Seasonable Fruit Items if available
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with good English and friendly during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Guide airfare Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara
- ACAP permit
- Special Permit for Upper Mustang
- All Camping Gears like Tents Axe, Stove, Fuel, Cooking items but you should keep with your private Gear like Down jacket ,Good Sleeping bag ,Etc
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Mustang Trek.
- All local Transportation from and to Kathmandu by private car/van/bus
Not included in the price
- Any Meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara other than breakfast
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, laundry, phone calls, hot shower, internets.
- Personal Trekking Equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Entry fee for Upper Mustang Trek US$ 500 per person
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section
Fact of the Trek:
Trip Name: Panch Pokhari Trek
Duration: 16 Days(3 days Ktm+13 days trek)
Trip Type: Camping Trek
Price: Contact Us
Trekking Grade: Moderate
Best season: September to November & February to May (however we arrange this trek throughout the year )
Transportation: Land or Flight
Accommodation: Hotel/ Resort in Kathmandu & Pokhara, tea house during the trek or camping
Highest access: Panch Pokhari (4200m.)
TestimonialsKathmandu Tour+ Village tour May 2010
I highly recommend Kedar Neupane Managing Director of Actual Adventure Pvt.Ltd and he's team for any of your trekking activities, or sightseeing in Nepal. He has taken me to the most beautiful places I have ever seen.............
Dr Harry Rowe
Extend your Trip
If you have extra time to spend in Nepal. We suggest you to join this short adventure trips for your holidays. May you may interested on