Bhairav Kunda Trek
4 days in Kathmandu, 10 days Trekking, 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu
Bhairav Kunda trek is newly introduced trekking trail takes you to the Sindhupalchok district to the north east of Kathmandu. Trekking up to the holy mountain lake Bhairav (Bhairab) kunda(4210m.); on the traditional trails of Nepal – Tibet trade, fascinates one with its exclusive and unbeatable natural beauty and dramatic landscapes that is beyond belief. Bhairab kunda is holy lake which has its own faith and important for both Hindu and Buddhist devotees. During every Bhadra (August) full moon, the devotees visit the lake and take bath and pay their homage there. In addition to this, the spectacular view of the snow- capped mountains range of Rolwalling, Jugal Himal and the Tibetan Himalayas are eye appealing.
The trek to the Bhairav Kunda starts from Balephi, a small bazaar on the Araniko Highway and circles the villages and hills of Sindhupalchok. The settlements along the route form Newars, Gurungs and Sherpas as majorities. It is the best chance to explore the culture of Tamang and Sherpa people. Alpine vegetation, wild lives and beautiful landscapes are the incredible source to amuse you. Descending to the Dugunagadi Fortress; maze of crumbling walls strategically which is right located on a plateau at an altitude of 2084m. is the another attraction of this trekking. This fortress was built by the Nepali Army to attack the Bhot (Tibet) in 1854. Walking down to the Araniko highway and jump over bhotekoshi river by Bungee is the additional spice of this trek. If you have time you can join Bhote Koshi Rafting, otherwise drive back to Kathmandu which takes about four hour.
Bhairav Kunda Trekking Itinerary:
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel, overnight at hotel
Day 02 : Kathmandu Valley sightseeing. Visit Kathmandu durbar square, Pasthupatinath temple. Swyambhunath temple and other historical/ UNESCO heritage sites. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Jalbire (1,000m.)-7 hrs Driving ,stay overnight at Jalbire
Day 04 : Jalbire to Chanaute (1,200m.) 5 hrs walking
Day 05 : Chanaute to Khani Gaon (2000m.)
Day 06 : Khani Gaon to Forest Camp (3,150m.)
Day 07 : Forest Camp to JorPati (3,950m.)
Day 08 : JorPati to Bhariv Kunda (4150m.)
Day 09 :Bhairav Kunda to Bhairav Kunda Top (4500m.) and Sherpa Gaon (2500m.)
Day 10 : Rest day in sherpa village and visit local sherpa culture.
Day 11 : Sherpa Gaon to Larcha (1,500m.)
Day 12 : Larcha to Kathmandu (1,320m.)
Day 13: Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with nepali dinner, overnight at hotel
Day 14 : Final departure to your destination, transfer to airport
Starts from : Contact us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
Included in the price
- Pick & Drop to Airport/Hotel by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- 2 nights accomodation with breakfast at hotel in kathmandu
- 2Nights Hotel in Pokhara
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with car/van/bus
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners) at the time of Trekking with tea and Coffee
- Seasonable Fruit Items if available
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with good English and friendly during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Guide airfare Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara
- ACAP permit
- Special Permit for Upper Mustang
- All Camping Gears like Tents Axe, Stove, Fuel, Cooking items but you should keep with your private Gear like Down jacket ,Good Sleeping bag ,Etc
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Mustang Trek.
- All local Transportation from and to Kathmandu by private car/van/bus
Not included in the price
- Any Meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara other than breakfast
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, laundry, phone calls, hot shower, internets.
- Personal Trekking Equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Entry fee for Upper Mustang Trek US$ 500 per person
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section
Fact of the Trek:
Trip Name: Bhairav Kunda Trek
Duration: 14 Days
Trip Type: Home stay+Camping
Price: Starts from : Contact us
Trekking Grade: Moderate
Best season: September to November & February to May (however we arrange this trek throughout the year )
Transportation: Land or Flight
Accommodation: Hotel/ Resort in Kathmandu & Pokhara, tea house during the trek or camping
Highest access of the trek: Annapurna Base Camp
Culture: Gurung, Ghale
TestimonialsKathmandu Tour+ Village tour May 2010
I highly recommend Kedar Neupane Managing Director of Actual Adventure Pvt.Ltd and he's team for any of your trekking activities, or sightseeing in Nepal. He has taken me to the most beautiful places I have ever seen.............
Dr Harry Rowe
Extend your Trip
If you have extra time to spend in Nepal. We suggest you to join this short adventure trips for your holidays. May you may interested on