Upper Mustang Trek
3 Nights in Kathmandu, 12 Nights Trekking, 2 Nights in Pokhara, Total 18 days trip World Deepest gorge , Buddhist monasteries , Ancient and isolated village , Unique culture and Tradition.
Trekking in Mustang Region was opened only in 1991. Since then, Mustang region has been one of the favourite destinations for trekking. This place has been quite famous among trekkers and photographers since then. This region is divided into few parts that distinguishes among the trekking routes in Mustang region overall. This trekking package takes you to the upper region of Mustang.
Mustang has a rich history which makes this place more interesting one. Trekkers are always curious about the interesting facts of the place they walk through. Watching the scenic views around is not only the major part of the trek but knowing about the history of the place also makes a difference.
This trekking route is almost barren and full of gravels and rocks. The rough rugged rocky hills and barren lands make the trip more adventurous. Throughout the trek you can also view the high Himalaya peaks like Mt Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri and several others. This region is a remote one and less touched by trekkers. This reason has made the place unchanged since decades and less human impact has been affected here. But still, this place is very popular among trekkers. The steep rocky hills and cliffs, and all the ups and downs that you experience during the trek make it a memorable one.
The culture that people of Mustang follow is of Tibetan influence. Kaligandaki, south to the Tibetan border from Kagbeni is generally known as the upper mustang region. Get ready for this trek to explore the thousands and thousands of years old monasteries, caves and natural beauties of this region.
Upper Mustang Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to your hotel and stay overnight
Day 02: Sight-seeing around the Kathmandu Valley [1,338m/4,389ft]. Hotel overnight
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara [827m/2,713ft] takes 6 hours drive or 30 Minutes of flight. Hotel overnight
Day 04: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom [2,713m/8,900ft] and trek to Kagbeni [2895m/9,498ft] takes 3-4 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele [3,100m/10,170ft] takes 5-6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 06: Trek from Chele to Syangboche [3,750m/12,303ft] takes 6-7 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 07: Trek from Syanbochen to Ghami [3,520m/11,548ft] takes 5-6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 08: Ghami to Charang [3,500m/11,482ft] takes 4-5 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 09: Charang to Lo-Mangthang [4,300m/14,107ft] takes 5-6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 10: Trip around Lo-Manthang and explore Lo-Mangthang. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 11: Trek from Lo-Mangthang to Dhakmar [3,781m/12,405ft] tales 6-7 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 12: Trek from Dhakmar to Ghiling [3,700m/12,139ft] takes 5-6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 13: Trek from Ghiling to Chhuksang [3,050m/10,006ft] takes 5-6 hours
Day 14: Trek from Chhuksang to Jomsom takes 6-7 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 15: Fly back from Jomsom to Pokhara. Hotel overnight
Day 16: Fly or drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Hotel overnight
Day 17: Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 18: Final Departure
Starts from: Contact US
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- Pick & Drop to Airport/Hotel by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- 2 nights accomodation with breakfast at hotel in kathmandu
- 2Nights Hotel in Pokhara
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with car/van/bus
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners) at the time of Trekking with tea and Coffee
- Seasonable Fruit Items if available
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with good English and friendly during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Guide airfare Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara
- ACAP permit
- Special Permit for Upper Mustang
All Camping Gears like Tents Axe, Stove, Fuel, Cooking items but you should keep with your private Gear like Down jacket ,Good Sleeping bag ,Etc
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Mustang Trek.
- All local Transportation from and to Kathmandu by private car/van/bus
- Any Meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara other than breakfast
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee , Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, laundry, phone calls, hot shower, internets.
- Personal Trekking Equipment , medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Entry fee for Upper Mustang Trek US$ 500 per person
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section