Langtang Valley Trek
8 Days Trekking in Langtang region. Langtang valley trek is typical Tamang and Sherpa village tours
Langtang Valley, Beautiful Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Tamang culture, wilderness route, typical buddhist culture
Langtang valley trek is most popular trekking trail in Langtang region. The Langtang Valley lies closer to Kathmandu than other trekking regions, and is lesser used by both trekkers and local. The Langtang valley is aptly called the valley of glaciers here; mountains rise soaring toward the sky. The valley offers pine forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-caped peaks, grassy down and meadows sprinkled with daises and wild animals. In the upper part of the valley there are snow ridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist tiny lakes of crystalline brightness and glaciated mountain giants. Once you enter the Langtang valley you will see fluttering buddies prayer flags, brightly painted.
Langtang Valley trekking just after the monsoon gives superb views of the great peak of Langtang Lirung (7246m), which dominates the upper valley and be astride the Tibetan border. In springtime it is an ideal place to spot birds and flowers of Nepal. According to a legend, a lama following a runaway yak discovered the valley, hence the name -Lang (Tibetan name for YAK), Tang (more currently "Dhang" means to follow). There are good opportunities for moderate climbing excursions. Here, you should allow some extra days for exploration of the extensive glacier system. We return by passing the holy lakes of Gosainkunda, an important place of pilgrimage, and over a high pass that brings us almost to the edge of Kathmandu itself.
Itinerary for Lantang Valley Trek
Day 01:Arrival in kathmandu Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu .Short briefing will follow concerning the necessary formalities and your trekking itinerary. Depending upon your arrival time you may spend free time visiting nearby sanctuaries or resting.
Day 02 : Sightseeing / Cultural Day in Kathmandu Valley Half day sightseeing around UNESCO Bhaktapur / Kathmandu where your guide will escort you on a tour of Buddhist and Hindu temples and shrines reflecting ancient local traditions. There is time to explore the city’s many places of interest on your own or take a rest while trekking permits are finalised. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : KTM – Syabru Bensi - Drive to trekking starting point. Dhunche is about 8 hour drive which provides you mointain scenery and landscape. Stay overnight at teahouse
Day 04 : Syabru Bensi to Lama-Hotel climb through a variety of small villages and tracts of dense forest, The trek becomes a pleasent walk through trees where Langur monkey (The honey hunter animal) frolic,passing a sice stream and small waterfalls.stay overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 05 : Lama Hotel to Langtang - From here short climb brings us to the right of where the Langtang valley begins as you start going up you will be able to see the beautiful view of Langtang Lirung peak. It is easy to find yak and the wild goats wondering around you.Overnight in a lodge.
Day 06 : Langtang valley to Kyanjing Gompa- A beautiful town which provide excellent panoramic close up view of Langtang Lirung Genjempol, Ganjala and Naya Kenga Himal ranges. A visit to cheese factory, see the beautiful Buddhist Monastery built 400 years ago. It is a good experience to try to climb to Tsergo Ri (5033m)
Day 07 : Rest day at Kyanjing Gompa: Explore around the glacier and himalayan Yak pasture.
Day 08 : Kynanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel -Trek down to Lama Hotel, overnight in camp.
Day 09 : Lama Hotel to Big Syabru Bensi: trek back to Syabru Bensi
Day 10 : Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu: it will be about 8 to 9 hour drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 11 : Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with nepali dinner, hotel
Day 12 : Final departure, transfer to airport
Starts from: US $ 720.00 | Max. : US $ 1080.00
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
Included in the price
- Pick & Drop to Airport by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- 2 nights accomodation with break fast at hotel in kathmandu
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with car/van/bus
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with good English and friendly during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Area Permit for Langtang National Park
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) permit for the Langtang Trek.
- All ground Transportation.
Not included in the price
- Any Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, laundry, phone calls, hot shower, internets.
- Personal Trekking Equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section
Fact of the Trek:
Trip Name: Langtang Valley Trek
Duration: 12 Days(3 days Ktm+9 days trek)
Trip Type: Tea House/Camping
Price: Starts from US$ 720.00
Trekking Grade: Moderate
Best season: September to November & February to May (however we arrange this trek throughout the year )
Accommodation: Hotel/ Resort in Kathmandu, tea house during the trek or camping
Highest access: Kyangjin Gompa (3900 m.)
TestimonialsKathmandu Tour+ Village tour May 2010
I highly recommend Kedar Neupane Managing Director of Actual Adventure Pvt.Ltd and he's team for any of your trekking activities, or sightseeing in Nepal. He has taken me to the most beautiful places I have ever seen.............
Dr Harry Rowe
Extend your Trip
If you have extra time to spend in Nepal. We suggest you to join this short adventure trips for your holidays. May you may interested on