Langtang Valley Trek
8 Days Trekking in Langtang region. Langtang valley trek is typical Tamang and Sherpa village tours Langtang Valley, Beautiful Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Tamang culture, wilderness route, typical buddhist culture
The Langtang Valley Trek is the most famous trekking route in the Langtang Region. This trek provides you the beautiful views of the Langtang Valley, Langtang Lirung, The Yala peak and the rich wilderness route of the Langtang Region. Interacting with people of Tamang ethnicity here is like sharing the best Buddhist culture anywhere in the world. All these prime factors together form up a trekking package known as Langtang Valley Trek.
This valley which is a tourism site is the closest to the Kathmandu Valley. It is also known as the valley of glaciers. The valley is formed by pine forests, ever flowing mountain streams, rugged rough rocks, snow-capped hills and green meadows sprinkled with beautiful flowers and animals. Just after stepping into the Langtang Valley, you get a heavenly essence of being alive and feel lucky enough to have this opportunity of capturing the flawless view around.
Trekking just after monsoon here lets you view the silver bright snow-capped peak known as Langtang Lirung [7,246m]. Beside the mountain views, the spot also allows viewing of beautiful birds and animals. They just add a live flavour to the artistic design of nature. The name of the valley comes from a legendary story which describes as a Lama who discovered this valley while following this place with a Yak along. Lang is the Tibetan term for Yak and Tang means to follow. This two words together form up the name Langtang.
It is recommended that you stay a few more days than planned and explore the beautiful glacier scenes around. Finally we return back to Kathmandu crossing the famous holy lake known as Gosainkunda.
Itinerary for Lantang Valley Trek
Arrival in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264ft]
Upon arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be warmly greeted by our representatives. After completion of official formalities, we pick our luggage and head towards a 4 star category hotel where you will be transferred to stay overnight.
Full day Kathmandu sightseeing and trek preparations
You will be woken up with a morning call along with bed tea and breakfast. Today, we will enjoy sightseeing around Kathmandu the entire day including visits to some of the major places of the city such as Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudha and so on. These sites have been listed as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. We get back to our hotel in late evening and stay overnight
Kathmandu – Syabrubesi [1,550m/5,100ft]; 7 hours
After we have our breakfast, we leave the hotel and make a long drive from the city to Syabrubesi. After 7 hours of journey, we ultimately reach the place. During the drive we enjoy the Himalayan views and pass by terraced fields as well as rustic villages. Teahouse overnight
Syabrubesi – Lama Hotel [2,380m/7,830ft]; 6 hours
This is the first day of our trekking part. We make our move from Syabrubesi the follow the trail along Langtang Khola River. Passing through dense forests and several suspension bridges, we arrive at the beautiful Lama Hotel. This hotel will provide us the meals and accommodation required
Lama Hotel – Langtang Village [3,430m/11,253ft]; 6 – 7 hours
After the bed tea, we start our trekking for this another day. We pass through dense forests and making a steep climb through the valley, we reach Langtang village. We stay our night here and enjoy the dinner too
Langtang Village – Kyanjin Gompa [3,870m/12,697ft]; 3.5 hours
It does not feel good to leave away from such a beautiful site. However with self-consolation, we leave the placed and make Kyanjin Gompa the final destination for today
Kyanjin Gompa – Tserko RI – Lama Hotel; 5 – 6 hours
We visit Tserko RI in the early morning to gain beautiful sunrise views. After we have our breakfast, we head towards the Lama Hotel. The trail goes downhill and ethnic Tamang settlements, it takes 5 – 6 hours to reach Lama Hotel
Lama Hotel – Syabrubesi; 5 hours
This is a beautiful move from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi. About 5 hours of walk will surely make us exhausted but the lush green vegetation of Syabrubesi will refresh us. Teahouse overnight
Syabrubesi – Kathmandu
We are almost close to the climax of our trip. This day will take us away from the glorious village Syabrubesi all the way to Kathmandu. This scenic drive will create unforgettable memories within you. Hotel overnight
Free day in Kathmandu
You will be offered with a leisure day in the Kathmandu city this day. You can either go for a short sightseeing tour around the city or even do shopping as per your interest. We get back to our hotel in the late evening and enjoy a cultural show along with a farewell dinner in our hotel.
With unforgettable memories taken, we declare an end to our beautiful holiday in Nepal. Our representatives will escort you to the airport before 3 hours of scheduled flight time.
Starts from: US $ 720.00 | Max. : US $ 1080.00
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- Pick & Drop to Airport by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- 2 nights accomodation with break fast at hotel in kathmandu
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with car/van/bus
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with good English and friendly during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Area Permit for Langtang National Park
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) permit for the Langtang Trek.
- All ground Transportation.
li>Any Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, laundry, phone calls, hot shower, internets.
- Personal Trekking Equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section