Helambu trek is relatively easy trekking in low altitude. Short and easy access from Kathmandu, Helambu trekking is wise selection for all age group trekkers
Helambu Trekking is listed among the best trekking packages in Langtang Region of Nepal. This trekking pack is comparatively easier and suitable for all aged trekkers. This trekking is also a wise choice for people who are restricted by limited budget and limited time who want to travel all the way to the Langtang Region.
Trekking in Helambu is all about trekking in low altitudes of the Langtang region and enjoying the scenic beauties there. Helambu is a homeland to Sherpas in northern east side of the Kathmandu Valley. Trekking in this area has been practised from a long time. This is why the accommodation and tea-houses in this area are well managed and developed than ever before.
The Sherpa village of Tarkejhyang is itself the major focus of Helambu Trek. This trek starts after a drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. This easy trek provides views of Himalaya Ranges from a low altitude. This is why people of all ages can go for this trek easily. The highest point accessed during this trek is at Tharepati at an altitude of 3,597m. This trek follows lower altitudes. We walk through an average altitude of 3,500m throughout the trek.
This trek takes you from Tharepati to Tarkejhyang. Choices from trails open up from this area. But, the major route of this particular trek is through southern ridge from Sermathang and down to the river at Melamchi. This is a under-construction site of a large project of bringing drinking water to Kathmandu through series of tunnels. The trek ends with a drive to Kathmandu from Panchkal after staying a night at the Melamchi Bridge.
Itinerary for Helambu Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport transfer to hotel to stay overnight
Day 02: Sightseeing / Cultural Day in Kathmandu Valley [1,338m/4,389ft]. Hotel overnight
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal [1,410m/4,626ft] and then trek to Chisapani [571 m/1,873 ft]. Hotel overnight
Day 04: Trek from Chisapani to Gulbhanjyang. Camp of teahouse overnight
Day 05: Trek from Gulbhanjyang to Tharepati [3,252m/10,669ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 06: Trek from Tharepati to Melamchi [1,104m/3,622ft]. Camp of teahouse overnight
Day 07: Trek from Melamchi to Tarkejhyang. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 08: Trek from Tarkejhyang to Sermathang [2,504m/8,215ft]. Camp of teahouse overnight
Day 09: Drive from Melamchi to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 10: Final departure
Starts from: US $ 500.00
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
Included in the price
- Pick & Drop to Airport by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- 2 nights accomodation with break fast at hotel in kathmandu
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with car/van/bus
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with good English and friendly during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Area Permit for Langtang National Park
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) permit for the Langtang Trek.
- All ground Transportation.
Not included in the price
- Any Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, laundry, phone calls, hot shower, internets.
- Personal Trekking Equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section
Fact of the Trek:
Trip Name: Helambu Trek
Duration: 10 Days(3 days Ktm+8 days trek)
Trip Type: Tea House/Camping
Price: Starts from US$ 500.00
Trekking Grade: Easy
Best season: September to November & February to May (however we arrange this trek throughout the year )
Accommodation: Hotel/ Resort in Kathmandu, tea house during the trek or camping
Highest access: Tharepati (3597m).
Culture: Yolhmo, Mixed
TestimonialsKathmandu Tour+ Village tour May 2010
I highly recommend Kedar Neupane Managing Director of Actual Adventure Pvt.Ltd and he's team for any of your trekking activities, or sightseeing in Nepal. He has taken me to the most beautiful places I have ever seen.............
Dr Harry Rowe
Extend your Trip
If you have extra time to spend in Nepal. We suggest you to join this short adventure trips for your holidays. May you may interested on