Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
4 days in Kathmandu, 23 days Trekking, 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu, Total 27 days trip Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is one of most preferred trekking routes in Nepal. This route is most suitable for trekkers who are not restricted by time and who want to explore the beautiful remote regions of Nepal. This trek takes you to a different kind of landscape which you have never experienced before. The ever-flowing mountain rivers, streams, gravel paths, hot springs, rough rugged hills, huge rocks and artistically craved beautiful design of nature makes Kanchenjunga Trek an admired one. Besides, you have the opportunity to encounter with the friendly people there and share your trekking experience and also know about their tradition cultures and lifestyle.
The snow-capped Mt Kanchenjunga is the third highest peak in the world with a height of 8,586 meters. This mountain lies between the border of Nepal and India. This silvery shining Himalaya is a destination for most of the adventure lovers and challenge accepters. It becomes their aim to conquer the height of this peak and getting to the top to feel like the King of the world.
Trekking to Kanchenjunga Base Camp starts though the Tamur River. The banks of this river take you through many remote villages. You go through Rai and Limbu inhabitants who have made these villages popular for making Tongba. It is a beverage made from fermented millet. The range of oak and Rhododendron forests takes you higher rough paths. You cross through a pass named Mirgin-La which lies at an altitude of 4,725 meters. This point provides you with views of mountains such as Everest, Makalu and Chamlang. After this spot we pass through the Kanchenjunga glacier. Finally a close view of the Kanchenjunga peak greets you and takes you to the Kanchenjunga Base Camp.
Kanchanjanga Trekking Itinerary:
Day 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu International Airport [1,338m/4,389ft] and further welcome dinner with Hotel accommodation
Day 02: World Heritage Cultural tour in Kathmandu / Trek Preparation. Hotel overnight
Day 03-04: Fly to Taplejung [1,788m/5,866ft] via Biratnagar and trek start. Hotel overnight
Day 05-10: Trek to Ghunsa [2,276m/7,467ft] via Sakethun [1,942m/6,371ft] and Kyapra [2,730m/8,956ft] and acclimatization day. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 11-13: Trek to Lhonak [4,500m/14,763ft] and exploration hike to Pangpema [5,120m/16,797ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 14-15: Trek to Sele Le Base Camp. Camp overnight
Day 16-17: Trek to Ramze [5,200m/17,060ft] after crossing the Sele Le [4600m/15,091ft] and Sinion Pass. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 18: Exploration hike to Oktang Kanchenjunga Base Camp. Camp overnight
Day 19-23: Trek to Suketar [414m/1,358ft] via Yamphudin [1,864m/6,115ft] and Tambawa [2,000m/6,561ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 24-26: Fly to Kathmandu via Biratnagar [81m/266ft]. Exploration day in Kathmandu. Hotel overnight
Day 27: Final departure
Starts from: US $ 1400.00
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- Pick & Drop to Airport/Hotel by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- accomodation hotel in kathmandu
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking Tour guide with the facility of car/van
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Nepali fresh fruits such oranges, apples, bananas Mango , grape and other Nepali Local Fruits etc
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides and Porters will be Government Licensed holder with friendly and good English during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available).
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Everest Trek.($ 10 for per person and Rs 200 for Indian )
- Ground transportation
- Actual Adventure’s Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available and general medicine).
- All necessary paper works, office ,administrative Service charge and all Government Taxes and Vat,
- Actual Adventure’s Special Gifts for life time memory.
- Welcome or Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner with many traditional cultures in Nepali restaurant.
- Arrangements for food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
( 3 copies passport size Photos are required for permit ,so bring with you Saturday all government office and Business area will close. So if you arrive leaving Saturday for trekking at least take your flight early morning of Friday)
All ground transportation by road (if applicable )
- Meals in Kathmandu (cost is $6-15)
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Area Permit for Special Area
- Nepal entry visa fee ( Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos)
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Any Meals in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of Drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), hot water, hot shower, phone calls , internets, laundry.
- Personal trekking equipment , medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for Sightseeing/Monument
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue in case.
- Any personnel expensese whic are not mention above