Bhote Koshi River Rafting
Bhotekoshi River Rafting is known to be one of the most adventurous white water rafting rivers in Nepal. Bhotekoshi is one of the tributaries of the Sapta Koshi river system.
Bhotekoshi River Rafting is known to be one of the most adventurous white water rafting rivers in Nepal. Bhotekoshi is one of the tributaries of the Sapta Koshi river system. Among all of the seven tributaries this river is one of the most proffered one selected for rafting as well as kayaking. This tough and challenging rafting river can be accessed from Kathmandu after just three hours of long drive.
The name of the river means river of Tibet. The prefix Bhote stands for Tibet. The origin of the river lies in the Tibetan region of China that cuts through the Southern elevations of Nepal flowing through Drubden [2,750m] to meet the Sapta Koshi River in Barabise. Beside rafting and kayaking, also bungee jumping is practised over the river. Nepal’s first bungee jumping lays here high hills guarding the on two sides with a height of 2,000 meters.
Bhotekoshi River Rafting is considered as the steepest river rafting in Nepal. The strength and rapid of the flow of the river is outstandingly unique. With a gradient of 15m per km, this river is eight times steeper than the Sunkoshi River. The current of the river provides a grade from IV to V which creates a challenge among the rafters to beat up this thrilling and adventurous trip. Some of the sections of this river are so steep that it makes almost impossible to raft there. Therefore our highly skilled and trained guides are always cautious to your lives and provide safety all the time during your trip.
Bhotekoshi River Rafting Itinerary:
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu Airport [1,338m/4,389ft] you will be transferred to your hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: KATHMANDU / BASERI
This morning drive to Baseri [1,617m/5,305ft] which is the rafting starting point. After your lunch, you will negotiate only class III rapids i.e. a launching exercise for the first day because the real adventure starts the next day. Drive back to Baseri [further up from the starting point], set camp and stay overnight
Day 03: BASERI / DAM / KATHMANDU
After breakfast, experience the adrenaline rushes provided by the challenging class V rapids "Frog on the Blinder", "Midnight Express" and numerous class IV rapids. "Wall" and "Cave" are also encountered. From Lamoshanghu Dam drive back to Kathmandu after this thrilling experience. Hotel overnight
Day 04: Final departure
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the staffs
- Fooding; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner [as per itinerary] and lodging of the clients
- Necessary National Park fees
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Camping equipments such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All ground transportation by private vehicles as per the itinerary program
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during Mountain Climbing
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Seasonal fresh fruits such as orange, apple, banana, mango, grape and other Nepali local fruits
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Domestic / international airfares
- Nepal entry visa fee [Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.][ Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos]
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipments
- Entrance fees for sightseeing
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- International airfares to and from Kathmandu as per your destination
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages