Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing
Tharpu Chuli (Tent Peak) is situated in the heart of Annapurna Sanctuary and is among the few snow-clad summits at this height range in Nepal.
Tharpu Chuli Peak is one of the least touched trekking routes in Nepal. This trekking trail is least exposed but getting famous day by day in the tourism industry of Nepal. Situated near the Annapurna Base Camp, this peak stands high with an impressive altitude of 5,663m/18,579ft from the sea level. The base of this peak provides a short walk through the beautiful Annapurna Sanctuary.
The standard route to the summit of the peak is comparatively easier. But, there is another route that provides a challenging, adventurous and a thrilling experience to lion-hearted explorers. Professional climbers who choose for the second route can test their mountaineering skills here.
However, this mountain peak is not as high as other peaks are but the summit of this peak provides stunning and gorgeous views of eternal Himalayas like the Annapurna range, Mt Machapuchre, Gangapurna and Hiuchuli too.
The Tharpu Chuli Peak is also known as Tent Peak with the reason for being similar to the shape of a tent. It was name by Jimmy Roberts in 1956. This mountain climbing peak is specially recommended for first timers. They can choose an easier route rather than other difficult ones that require previous experience of trekking.
The Tharpu Chuli Peak route begins from the Annapurna region. The initial days of the trek provide beautiful greenery views along with the enduring flora and fauna and views of high standing snowy mountain peaks. Trekking further takes us to Annapurna Base Camp and then to Tharpu Chuli Base Camp from where the climbing to conquer the summit begins.
Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport [1,338m/4,389ft] and pick up by our private vehicle and transfer to the Hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley. You will be provided with the opportunity of visiting some of the major attractions of Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath, Boudha, Soyambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square and so on. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 03: Drive of fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara [827m/2,713ft] takes 6 hours of drive and 45 minutes by flight. Hotel overnight
Day 04: Trek from Pokhara to Tolka [1,130m/3,707ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 05: Trek from Tolka to Jhinu [1,700m/5,577ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 06: Trek from Jhinu to Dovan [2,580m/8,464ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 07: Trek from Dovan to Machapuchchre Base Camp [3,700m/12,139ft]. Camp overnight
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp [4,130m/13,549ft]. Camp overnight
Day 09: Trek to Tharpu Chuli Base Camp [5,663m/18,579ft]. Camp overnight
Day 10-12: Summit Tharpu Chuli and back to Base Camp. Camp overnight
Day 13: Trek from Tharpu Chuli Base Camp to Deurali [798 m/2,618 ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 14: Trek from Deurali to Chhomrong [2,170m/7,119ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 15: Trek from Chhomrong to Tadapani [2,625m/8,612ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 16: Trek from Tadapani to Ghorepani [2874m/9429ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 17: Trek from Ghorepani to Hile [1,850m/6,069ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 18: Trek from Hile to Naya pool [2,070m/6,791 ft] and the drive back to Pokhara [827m/2,713ft]. Hotel overnight
Day 19: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu takes 6 hours. Hotel overnight
Day 20: Rest day or sightseeing day in Kathmandu. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 21: Final departure
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes for staff.
- Kathmandu to Lukla airfare
- 3 star Hotel in Kathmandu , BB basis as per Itinerary.
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the trekking staff
- Fooding (3 meals a day ) and lodging for the clients in trek days
- Necessary national park fees
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Peak climbing permit
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for Our staff
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistance) Personal sherpa on request
- Trekking guides and porters (Porter can carry up to 20kg )
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and 3 Tims meals ( Breakfast , Lunch ,and Dinner ) tea and Coffee. in mountain
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Actual Adventure's Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking information management system ( TIMS ), New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist, (This is for your safety)
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.)( Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos)
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument
Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have t o pay them directly
- Tips to staff. After working everyone expect some Tips , we never tell you fixed amount ,because it is up to you and up to their service ,but generally tourist use to give10% of total cost.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu for your destination
- Single supplement charges (if required.)
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages