Paldor Peak Climbing
Paldor Peak 5,896m is located in the Ganesh Himal Range, northwest of Katmandu
The Paldor Climbing Peak [5,896m/19,343ft] lies in the Ganesh Himalaya Range to the north-west of Kathmandu. The name to the Himalaya Range is provided from the legendary Hindu deity “Ganesha”. It acts as a junction to Tiru and Karpu Dandas above the Mailung Khola. This peak climbing route falls among the least touched peaks in Nepal. However, this climbing peak is also a magnificent one and is gaining popularity day by day.
Lying in a remote location, this peak provides am enthusiastic experience to the climbers. The summit of the peak can be accessed through any of the North-east, South-east, West or the South-west ridges. A wide range of options to the summit of the peak also provides convenience to the climbers.
The Paldor Peak was first climbed by Peter Lyod, Bill Tilman, Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Da Namgyal in the monsoon season of 1946 through the North-eastern ridge. Paldor Peak Climbing is considered to be one of the most adventurous activities in the Himalaya Ranges of Nepal. Besides, the route also provide stunning views of lakes, waterfalls, frozen glaciers, warm springs, great Himalaya landscapes and green terraces. Being lucky enough, you can also get into the lives of the local inhabitants to share your climbing experience and know about their primitive cultures and living lifestyles.
The trek starts as a nine hours’ drive from Kathmandu Valley to Syabru Besi and ends in Khahare. From here you are returned back to Kathmandu arranging overnight at Hotel.
Paldor Peak Climbing Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport [T.I.A] and pick up by our private vehicle and transfer to the Hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley [1,338m/4,389ft]. You will be provided with the opportunity of visiting some of the major attractions of Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath, Boudha, Soyambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square and so on. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru [2,720m/8,923ft]. Teahouse overnight
Day 04: Trek from Sabru to Gatlang [2,240m/7,349ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 05: Trek from Gatlang to Jarsadands. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 06: Trek from Jarsadands to Khurpudanda pass [3,620m/11,876ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 07: Trek from Khurpudanda pass to Somdang [3,270m/10,728ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 08: Trek from Somdang to Paldor Base Camp [4,280m/14,041ft]. Camp overnight
Day 09: Trek from Paldor base camp to High camp. Camp overnight
Day 10: Rest day at High camp for acclimatization
Day 11: Trek from Summit Paldor Peak [5,896m/19,343ft] to back Base Camp. Camp overnight
Day 12: Trek from Base camp to Somdang. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 13: Trek from Somdang to Khurpudanda pass. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 14: Trek from Khurpudanda pass to Jarsadands. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 15: Trek from Jarsadands to Gatlang. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 16: Trek from Gatlang to Syaphru besi. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 17: Trek from Syaphru besi to Dhunche. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 18: Trek from Dhunche to Ramche. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 19: Trek from Ramche to Betrawati. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 20: Trek from Betrawati to Trishuli Bazaar. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 21: Drive from Trishuli Bazaar to Kathmandu. Hotel overnight
Day 22: Final departure
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes for staff.
- Kathmandu to Lukla airfare
- 3 star Hotel in Kathmandu , BB basis as per Itinerary.
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the trekking staff
- Fooding (3 meals a day ) and lodging for the clients in trek days
- Necessary national park fees
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Peak climbing permit
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for Our staff
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistance) Personal sherpa on request
- Trekking guides and porters (Porter can carry up to 20kg )
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and 3 Tims meals ( Breakfast , Lunch ,and Dinner ) tea and Coffee. in mountain
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Actual Adventure's Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking information management system ( TIMS ), New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist, (This is for your safety)
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.)( Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos)
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument
Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have t o pay them directly
- Tips to staff. After working everyone expect some Tips , we never tell you fixed amount ,because it is up to you and up to their service ,but generally tourist use to give10% of total cost.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu for your destination
- Single supplement charges (if required.)
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages