Mera Peak Climbing
Mera peak is considered one of the major and popular trekking peaks in Nepal. The Peak itself rises to the south of Everest.
Mera Peak Climbing is one of the famous activities in the Himalaya ranges of Nepal. The peak lies in the Mahalangur section and Barun sub-section of the Everest Region of Nepal. Standing 6,476m/21,246ft tall, the Mera Peak is classified as trekking as well as climbing peak. This peak has three summits, Mera North [6,476m], Mera Central [6,461m/21,197ft] and Mera South [6,065m/19,898ft]. All of the peaks are suitable for expedition as well as trekking.
The summit of the Mera Peak provides views of five of the mountains that are above 8,000 metres tall; Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu and Kanchenjunga. These five peaks are also the most famous and active routes for mountain expedition. These five peaks including Mera provide explorers the content of conquering the summit of their favourite mountain peak.
There are a few routes that access the summit of Mera Peak . Among them, the standard route at the North consists of high altitude glaciers that need to be crossed in order to get to the top of the peak. If weather conditions are favourable, it’s easier to get to the top through this route. Besides, the West and the South faces are comparatively more difficult and technical ones.
Mountain climbers are recommended to get pre practices before attempting to conquer the summit. Favourable weather and snow conditions let the route go easy. However, these conditions are always likely to change.
Mera Peak Climbing Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport [T.I.A] and pick up by our private vehicle and transfer to the Hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley [1,338m/4,389ft]. You will be provided with the opportunity of visiting some of the major attractions of Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath, Boudha, Soyambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square and so on. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Jiri [2,041 m/6,696 ft] takes 8 hours. Teahouse overnight
Day 04: Trek from Jiri to Shivalaya [1760m/5,774ft] takes 4 hours.Climb up to Mali Bhanjyang [2400m/7,874ft] and descentd to Shivalaya camp. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 05: Trek from Shivalaya to Bhandar [2194m/7,189ft]. By Deurali [2700m/8,858ft] it takes 5 hours of walk to tent. Camp overnight
Day 06: Trek from Bhandar to Sete [2575m/8,448ft] takes 6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 07: Trek from Sete to Junbesi [2675m/8,776ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 08: Trek from Junbesi to Manidingma [2350m/7,709ft]. Climb up to Traksindu-la [3071m/10,075ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 09: Trek from Manidingma to Kharikhola [2,070m/6,791ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 10: Trek from Kharikhola to Pangoma [3,093m/10,148ft] takes 6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 11: Summit Paldor Peak [5,896m/19,344ft] to back Base Camp. Camp overnight
Day 12: Trek from Pangoma la to Thuli Kharka [4694m/15,400ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 13: Trek from Mosom Kharka to Taknag [400m/1,312ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 14: Trek from Taknag to Khare Base Camp [5099m/16,729ft]. Camp overnight
Day 15: Trek from Khare Bases camp to Mera Base camp [5415m/17,765ft]. Camp overnight
Day 16: Trek from Mera Base camp to Summit [6,476m/21,246ft]. Camp overnight
Day 17: Trek from Mera-la Base camp to Joor Pokhari. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 18: Trek from High camp to Mingma the pass [5,817m/19,084ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 19: Trek from Ramche to Betrawati. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 20: Trek from Mingma Phedi to Pangboche [3,901m/12,798ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 21: Trek from Pangboche to Tyangboche [3,870m/12,700ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 22: Trek from Tyangboche to Namche [3420m/11,286ft]. Teahouse overnight
Day 23: Trek from Namche to Lukla [2,848 m/9,344 ft]. Hotel overnight
Day 24: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Back to hotel and stay overnight
Day 25: Free day in Kathmandu. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 26: Final departure
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes for staff.
- Kathmandu to Lukla airfare
- 3 star Hotel in Kathmandu , BB basis as per Itinerary.
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the trekking staff
- Fooding (3 meals a day ) and lodging for the clients in trek days
- Necessary national park fees
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Peak climbing permit
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for Our staff
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistance) Personal sherpa on request
- Trekking guides and porters (Porter can carry up to 20kg )
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and 3 Tims meals ( Breakfast , Lunch ,and Dinner ) tea and Coffee. in mountain
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Actual Adventure's Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking information management system ( TIMS ), New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist, (This is for your safety)
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.)( Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos)
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument
Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have t o pay them directly
- Tips to staff. After working everyone expect some Tips , we never tell you fixed amount ,because it is up to you and up to their service ,but generally tourist use to give10% of total cost.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu for your destination
- Single supplement charges (if required.)
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages