Island Peak Climbing
Island Peak (6,189m/20,305ft) is one of the main climbing peaks of the Everest Area. it is not a technical, though demanding snow climb.
Island Peak Climbing is one of the easiest peak climbing among the Himalaya ranges of Nepal. Island Peak [6,189m] is one of the major climbing peaks of the Everest Region. The name to the peak was provided as it lies in the middle of Chhukung Valley like an island in the sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche. It was named in the year 1952. In the early 80’s, it was renamed to “Imje Tse”. However the previous is still more popular that the later one. This peak climbing is listed among the most demanded route for peak climbing in Nepal.
Our systematically designed itinerary takes you to the most suitable altitude first at the Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar for an exquisite panoramic close up view of Mount Everest. Before climbing the peak, the views of the mountain make it more inspiring and motivating to do so. Besides, the 3 dimensional views of Lhotse, Baruntse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Makalu feel right on the tip of your nose from here.
Imje Tse was first climbed by a Swiss team in the year 1956 as an exercise trip preparation to conquer Mount Everest and Lhotse. To climb to the summit of the peak, one has two options to do so. The first option is to start from the Base Camp at Pareshaya Gyab [5,087m]. The second option is to elevate to the High Camp [5,600] to cut down the additional effort and time.
Island Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport [T.I.A] and pick up by our private vehicle and transfer to the Hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley [B]. You will be provided with the opportunity of visiting some of the major attractions of Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath, Boudha, Soyambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square and so on. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla [2,800 m/9,184 ft] and then further trek to Phakding [2,652 m/8,700 ft]. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar [3,440 m/11,283 ft] takes 5-6 hours, Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 05: Namche Bazaar [3,440 m/11,283 ft]: Acclimatization Day
Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche [3,870m/12,694ft] takes 4 to 6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 07: Trek from Tyangboche to Pheriche [4,200m/13,776ft] takes 5 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 08: Trek from Pheriche to Lobuche [4,930m/16,170ft] takes 5-6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 09: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp [5364 m/17,594 ft] and the further to Gorakshep [5170 m/16,961ft] takes 7 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 10: Trek from Gorakshep to Kala Patthar [5545 m/18,192 ft] and then further to Lobuche [4940 m/16,207 ft] takes 7 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 11: Trek from Lobuche - Kongma La [5,535m/18,159ft] and then further to Chhukung [4,730m/15,518ft] takes 6 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 12: Trek from Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp [5,200m/17,060ft] takes 3-4 hours. Camp overnight
Day 13: Trek from Island Peak Base Camp to High Camp [5,600m/18,372ft] takes 3 hours. Camp overnight
Day 14: Trek from High camp to summit Island Peak-Base camp and then further to Chhukung takes 9 hours. Today is most difficult and long day during the trip. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 15: Rest Day for Contingency
Day 16: Trek from Chhukung to Namche Bazaar takes 8 hours. Teahouse overnight
Day 17: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla [3,440 m/11,283 ft] takes 7 hours. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 18: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu [2800m] within 30 minute flight and further transfer to Hotel. Stay overnight
Day 19: Rest day in Kathmandu evening trip summarize and fare well dinner in the evening.
Day 20: Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 21: Final departure
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes for staff.
- Kathmandu to Lukla airfare
- 3 star Hotel in Kathmandu , BB basis as per Itinerary.
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the trekking staff
- Fooding (3 meals a day ) and lodging for the clients in trek days
- Necessary national park fees
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Peak climbing permit
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for Our staff
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistance) Personal sherpa on request
- Trekking guides and porters (Porter can carry up to 20kg )
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and 3 Tims meals ( Breakfast , Lunch ,and Dinner ) tea and Coffee. in mountain
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Actual Adventure's Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking information management system ( TIMS ), New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist, (This is for your safety)
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- (Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.)( Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos)
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument
Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have t o pay them directly
- Tips to staff. After working everyone expect some Tips , we never tell you fixed amount ,because it is up to you and up to their service ,but generally tourist use to give10% of total cost.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu for your destination
- Single supplement charges (if required.)
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages