Kakani Hill, Langtang, Ganesh himal range, Tamang village, Shivapuri National Park
Kathmandu – Nagarkot – Dhulikhel Hiking offers an enduring walk from Kathmandu through Nagarkot and finally to Dhulikhel. These three of the places are among the most popular sites around the Kathmandu valley for tourists. The hiking trail provides access to the remote regions of the area to spectacular views of the beautiful mountain ranges in the North.
Alike Nagarkot, Dhulikhel is also equally popular for sunrise view and panoramic views of the most famous Nepalese Himalayas including the world’s highest mountain Sagarmatha. Kathmandu – Nagarkot hiking can be completed within the same day whereas the Kathmandu – Nagarkot – Dhulikhel hiking requires higher number of days with 3 days in minimum.
Nagarkot is famous for wide spectacular views of natural beauties and landscape views of the lowlands. Besides, the spot is precisely popular for watching sunrise in the early morning and sunset in the late evening. The place comprises of wide options of lodges and hotels for tourists who want to spend night in the place and again enjoy the beautiful spot in the early next day. Nagarkot is 3 hours of drive away from the Kathmandu Valley.
Similarly, Dhulikhel is a small and beautiful hill town situated to the Northern-east of Kathmandu. The spot is dominated by Newari cultures and traditions. This place is the gateway to Tibet. The place comprises of traditional arts and temples.
Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Dhulikhel Hiking Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport [1,338m/4,389ft]and transfer to hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: After breakfast drive from hotel to Sankhu [1,637m/5,370ft]; a small town accessed by 40 minutes drive. We hike for 4 hours from Sankhu to Nagarkot [1,905m/6,250ft]. Welcome drink in hotel upon arrival and then lunch. Rest at hotel for an hour then go for Nagarkot village walk. Hotel overnight
Day 03: Wake up early in the morning to view sunrise from Nagarkot tower along with magnificent views of Himalayan ranges. After breakfast, we hike to Dhulikhel [1,484m/4,869ft] through the terraces fields and local villages. Hotel overnight
Day 04: Hike to the Dhulikhel viewpoint to view spectacular Himalayan range and sunrise. After breakfast we wander the traditional market of Dhulikhel and drive back to Kathmandu in the evening. Hotel overnight
Day 06: Final departure
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the staffs
- Fooding; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner [as per itinerary] and lodging of the clients
- Necessary National Park fees
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Camping equipments such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All ground transportation by private vehicles as per the itinerary program
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during Mountain Climbing
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Seasonal fresh fruits such as orange, apple, banana, mango, grape and other Nepali local fruits
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Domestic / international airfares
- Nepal entry visa fee [Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.][ Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos]
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipments
- Entrance fees for sightseeing
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- International airfares to and from Kathmandu as per your destination
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages