Mount Cho-Oyu Expedition
Cho Oyu stands high above the Tibetan plains on the Nepal / Tibet border, and is an ideal choice for mountaineers ready to test themselves on the eight thou sanders.
Mount Cho Oyu is the sixth highest mountain in the world that stretches 8,201m/26,906ft above the sea level. This mountain is among the ones that are considered the treasure of the country. The name of the mountain is derived from the Tibetan language which means “Turquoise Goddess”. This mountain is the westernmost major peak of the Khumbu region that lies 20km west of Mount Everest. This peak lies on the border of Nepal and Tibet.
To the west of Mount Cho Oyu , a few kilometres away lay Nangpa La [5,716m/18,753ft]. It is a high pass made of frozen glaciers that provide trading route to the Tibetans and Sherpa villages. This pass, also separates Khumbu from the Rolwaling Mountain. The moderate ranges of steepness and altitudes make Mt Cho Oyu the easiest peak to conquer.
Mount Cho Oyu was first climbed by Herbert Tichy, Joseph Jochler and Sherpa Pasang Dawa Lama of an Austrian expedition group through the North-western ridge on 19th of October, 1954. Earlier in 1952, Joint Himalaya Committee organized an attempt to this mountain but did not succeed.
Mount Cho Oyu has still maintained its personality since the first epic journey. Expedition here lists among the challenging and breathtaking adventure among the activities in Nepal Tourism Board.
Mt. Cho-Oyu Expedition Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport [1,338m/4,389ft], transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath [a UNESCO World Heritage Site] & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Soyambhunath [2000 years old temple] and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel and stay
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Kodari [2,515m/8,251ft] and transfer to Zhangmu hotel F/B
Day 04: Drive from Kodari to Nylam [3,750m/12,303ft]. Guesthouse overnight
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Nylam. Guesthouse overnight
Day 06: Drive from Nylam to Tingri [4,300m/14,107ft]. Guesthouse overnight
Day 07: Drive from Tingri to Chinese Base Camp. Overnight at camp
Day 08-10: Arrive at Advance Base Camp.
Day11-30: Climbing Period of Cho Oyu
Day 31: Trek from Advance Base Camp to Chinese Base Camp. Camp overnight
Day 32: Drive from Base camp to Nylam Guesthouse. Stay overnight
Day 33: Drive from Nylam to Zhangmu [2,800m/9,184ft] and to Kathmandu. Stay overnight in hotel B/B
Day 34: Free day in Kathmandu. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 35: Leisure day in Kathmandu Valley. Back to hotel and stay overnight
Day 36: Final departure to the Airport
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the staffs
- Fooding; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner [as per itinerary] and lodging of the clients
- Necessary National Park fees
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Camping equipments such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All ground transportation by private vehicles as per the itinerary program
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during Mountain Climbing
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Seasonal fresh fruits such as orange, apple, banana, mango, grape and other Nepali local fruits
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Domestic / international airfares
- Nepal entry visa fee [Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.][ Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos]
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipments
- Entrance fees for sightseeing
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- International airfares to and from Kathmandu as per your destination
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages